Sunday 6 October 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I've been playing around with a pancake recipe of my very own for quite some time now. For some reason, my experiments before today never seemed to come out quite right. Too dense, too hard to flip, or just too healthy tasting. I never realized before how much I rely on eggs to create perfect (flippable) pancakes. 
 
After a lovely girls evening out yesterday courtesy of my dear friend Kate, I was refreshed and ready to try again for Sunday morning brunch. These are the result and I'm excited to share them with all of you today.
 
I think these are perfect and so does the Monk who polished them off in record time. These pancakes are easy to flip, they don't fall apart and the taste is just what I was looking for.
 
I didn't have blueberries in the fridge so I used chocolate chips instead - just enough for a hint of chocolate.

We enjoyed these with a little maple syrup and in the Monk's case some cherry jam from Harrods. Next time I will serve them with a pile of berries :)

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup amaranth flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 tbsp chia seeds, ground
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
1 banana, mashed
1 cup milk (I used homemade macadamia nut milk using this recipe with a 3:1 ratio of nuts to water)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted

Add-in:
2 tbsp chocolate chips

  1. Mix together dry ingredients
  2. Add in wet ingredients and mix well
  3. Add in chocolate chips
  4. Pour batter in 1/4 cup amounts onto a heated skillet.
  5. Cook pancakes until bubbles appear on the surface.
  6. Flip with spatula and cook until golden on other side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment